Hubbell Daily Architecture + Design is growing.
We are a small, energized, and innovative architectural firm serving residential clients in Marin, Napa, Sonoma, San Francisco, and Monterey Counties. Our studio is located in downtown Larkspur, just 10-miles North of San Francisco. Our firm’s specialties include major remodels and the creation of new, high-end homes.
We’re seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative, entry-level designer to join our friendly team.
This is a great opportunity to join our team and be fully involved in every aspect of our architecture projects. This includes Pre-Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration.
As our studio is a collaborative environment. The ability to mesh with our team on a personal level as well as a professional level is paramount. We require a high level of commitment from the successful candidate.
Additional qualities we seek include:
- Degree- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture is required
- Character- Do others describe you as being this type of person?
- Clear thinker
- Solution seeker
- Resourceful and show Initiative
- Responsible, particularly when situations get demanding
- Operate with a high level of professionalism
- Experience in high-end residential projects a plus
- Experience with developing construction documents and performing construction administration a plus
- CAD skills- Proficiency with BIM-level software (ArchiCAD preferred but not required)
- Support software- Must have a working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Communication- Must have strong communication skills, and feel confident conversing with clients, builders, consultants, etc. on the phone, in email and texts. We are first and foremost professional, while striving to be friendly, respectful, collaborative, and personable with all our project team members.
- Skills- Strong graphic, communication and organization skills required
- Efficiency- As a business, we have timelines we must meet. However, rushing project work and taking short-cuts can sacrifice our need for quality and accuracy. Therefore, we need our team to be efficient, thorough, and timely.
- Location- Living in the North Bay or San Francisco is a necessity. Our employees should be able to understand the local areas and the communities we serve.
- Transportation- Must have one’s own transportation for site job site visits, out-of-office meetings, delivery of project submittals to local jurisdictions, etc.
- Covid- This is an in-person position. We expect our employees to work in our office. For the safety of our office and our clients all our employees must be vaccinated against covid-19.
Salary will be commiserate with level of experience and qualifications.
If you are inspired and feel you meet the above criteria, please send the following information to: email@example.com
- Cover letter (include your salary expectations and earliest start date)
- PDF of portfolio work that includes hand sketches through to working drawings that you have produced (limited to 10MB, total)
- Any additional elements that are relevant to your design, style, and personality as a means for us to know you better.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we will only be able to respond to successful candidates.